Solutions for Kentucky
- World Class Education System
- Greater Economic Opportunities
- A Leader for Energy Independence and Efficiency
- Better Health Care and a Healthy Citizenry
- Effective and Efficient Government
What is the Kentucky Opportunity Coalition?
The Kentucky Opportunity Coalition is founded on the basis of putting people above politics and solutions above spin. The Coalition will propose public policy changes and seek their implementation in a non-partisan manner.
The Kentucky Opportunity Coalition (“The Coalition”), is a 501(c)4 corporation focused on improving the quality of life for all Kentuckians through the following goals:
- To help Kentuckians become a healthier, well educated and better-trained workforce
- To make Kentucky a thriving community for economic development
- To establish the commonwealth as an energy leader while reducing our need for foreign sources and promoting energy efficiency
- To promote an efficient, accessible, high quality, and affordable health care system in our commonwealth
- To ensure a more transparent and efficient government with fewer regulatory burdens and taxes
The Kentucky Opportunity Coalition has three main goals:
- To educate the public about issues affecting the commonwealth
- To provide a vehicle for tracking and following important pieces of legislation and policy through the legislative and executive processes
- To actively engage the general citizenry in the political process
It is the Kentucky Opportunity Coalition’s belief that all citizens must be engaged in the legislative and political process in order to enact real change. Real change is accomplished by focusing on long-term policy solutions that will promote economic development, energy independence, governmental efficiency, quality education and health care for our children.